The Institute Approved Scheme
Professional recognition of your leadership learning programme.
We work with you to verify independently that the leadership elements of your programmes provide the most up-to-date approaches and content.
Once approved, you get...
An accredited leadership development programme that is contemporary, engaging and focuses on improving practice.
Use of the Institute Approved Kitemark on your product collateral, website and promotional materials.
Your organisation's logo on our ‘Institute Approved’ page (including a link to your website).
Complimentary membership to The Institute for the programme leader/manager.
Preferential advertising rates in The Institute's quarterly printed and digital journal, EDGE.
Dedicated relationship manager to support you.
What is Institute Approved?
Institute Approved Programme (Kitemark + studying membership for each learner)
Your leadership development programme is assessed and accredited in combination with each of your learners having their own Institute membership, providing significant levels of additional resources and access to our community to support their journey.
You can also enhance your programme with a customsied leadership pathway
Institute Approved (Kitemark only)
For organisations who want to ensure their own leadership development programmes meet the Institute's high standards and to showcase their achievement by displaying their Institute Approved status.
The initial investment for the accreditation of your first programme is:
Small business (T/O below £25m) £ 1,500 +VAT
Medium business (T/O up to £500m) £ 2,000 +VAT
Large business (T/O over £500m) £ 3,000 +VAT
Where included, studying membership is billed at £65 +VAT per learner.
If a leadership pathway is included, we will work with you to customise it to your needs and pricing may vary.
To accredit any additional programmes, there is a further fee of £500 +VAT per programme title.
- The purpose of the learning programme and its target audience are clearly stated
- The learning supports demonstrable improved leadership practice
- Consideration is given to learner inclusivity and accessibility to support the learning needs of diverse groups
- Reference to models, theories and explanations are current and relevant
- Collaborative learning is encouraged
- The level of facilitation provided and the extent to which the development is self-directed are both clearly stated
- The learning includes an element of self-awareness and reflection
- Learning activities are organised in multiple formats and different methods used to aid all types of learner
- Learner feedback is gathered and evaluated and informs the design of future programmes
- The programme reflects the values of The Institute of Leadership
Institute Approved Clients
It is a pleasure doing business with you and such a joy after my previous provider. I know we are just a tiny business but the attention you give doesn’t make us feel small. Totally no regrets about the switch!
The feedback received has been really positive. Some learners are saying it’s not just a good learning experience is actually changing their behaviours. High performance is now an everyday conversation, and it's starting to be part of the culture in the business.