Our Environmental and Sustainability Commitments.
At the Institute of Leadership, we believe that environmental practices are a key component to great leadership, which is why we take our impact on the environment, and other sustainability issues, seriously. The IoL is committed to a net zero carbon goal by the end of 2025.
We are therefore committed to reducing our negative environmental impacts and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all, it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards; customers, employees, the community and future generations.
To support this goal, we:
- Actively encourage our community of leaders and managers to take social responsibility and promote sustainable leadership throughout their business.
- Publish and promote thought leadership on issues related to environmental and sustainable leadership.
- Have a home working policy, with team members working remotely from home, minimising travel and reducing carbon emissions associated with running an office.
- Encourage our employees to be aware of environmental issues and minimise their energy consumption whilst working at home, for example: turning off laptops when not in use, sharing documents and collaborating digitally where possible, etc.
- Print our quarter Journal, EDGE, on FSC-approved paper, from responsible sources. We also encourage members to choose a digital copy of EDGE, rather than hard copy.
- Communicate with our customers electronically wherever possible to reduce the use of paper and postage services.